- 1.5oz Butterfly pea flower-infused Ming River (strong-aroma baijiu) *
- 3/4oz Tom-Yum syrup**
- 3/4oz Lemon juice
- Sparkling wine
- 1Coat Collins glass with absinthe.
- 2Combine Tom-Yum syrup and lemon juice.
- 3Add ice then baijiu.
- 4Top with sparkling wine.
- 5Garnish with lemon peel and basil.
Developed as part of a baijiu cocktail and Thai food pairing series for Ming River Sichuan Baijiu.
*Butterfly Pea-infused Ming River
Combine 6-7 dehydrated butterfly pea flowers with a bottle of Ming River Baijiu. Let it sit for 6-24 hours. Strain.
- 8-12 Makrut lime leaves
- 3 sprigs Lemongrass, smashed
- 6-8 slices Galangal
- 5 Thai chilis, smashed
- 30oz White sugar
- 30oz Water
Combine ingredients in a pot, bring to a boil, simmer for 15 minutes on low heat. Leave it at room temperature for 22-24 hours. Strain and refrigerate liquid. Keeps for 2-3 weeks.
- More Cocktails
CocktailsRed Drink No. 1