- 50ml Ming River (strong-aroma baijiu)
- 20ml Gosling's overproof rum
- 10ml Lemon juice
- 2 pieces Cardamom
- Thomas Henry Cherry Blossom Tonic
- 1Pound cardamom in mortar with overproof rum.
- 2Ignite and stir.
- 3Add all ingredients except for tonic in shaker.
- 5Double-strain over fresh ice in an old-fashioned glass.
- 6Top with tonic.
Based on the Chinese medicinal belief that one’s chi (ji) can be restored by consuming cardamom. Pair with five-spice lychee scorched in Gosling’s overproof rum.
- More Cocktails