- 1oz Ming River (strong-aroma baijiu)
- .75oz Skittles-infused Caravedo Puro Quebranta Pisco*
- .5oz Licor 43
- .75oz Fresh (Meyer) lemon juice
- White of a jumbo egg
- 1Dry shake until well incorporated.
- 2Add ice and shake again VERY WELL.
- 3Double strain cocktail into fresh glass and allow to settle.
- 4Garnish with colorful pastry sprinkles.
Prepared by Aredes for the final round of the 2020 Ming River Quarantine Cocktail Competition, competing for Food Bank for New York City.
Of his creation, Aredes says:
“For this last cocktail, I wanted to have a lot of fun, and bring my crazier side to the forefront. When I younger, my friends and I many times made skittle shots to enjoy before we inside the club, and we were completely happy with our choices. I wanted to call back to those times and elevate the concept into a cocktail which was richer, refreshing and balanced, while still maintaining whimsy and silliness. ⠀
“The name for this cocktail came from the connection between China and Peru, and using the spirits representative of each country.”
For every ounce of spirit, add 6 skittles of the same color. Allow to rest for 24hrs. After time has passed, strain multiple times through fine cocktail strainer OR through cocktail strainer and cheese clothed OR through super bag.
- More Cocktails