- 1.5oz Ming River (strong-aroma baijiu)
- 1/2oz Sandeman Apitiv Reserve White Port
- 3/4oz Lemongrass syrup with pandan and makrut lime leaves*
- 1/4oz Citric acid 10%
- 3 dashes Japanese Umami Bitters
- Sparkling water
- 1Combine all ingredients except sparkling water in a Collins glass.
- 2Top with sparkling water and ice.
- 3Garnish with a pandan knot and dehydrated lemon.
Inspired by the virtuosic film by Chen Kaige. Originally prepared for a DrinkBaijiu-hosted baijiu masterclass hosted at Waldo Thai in October, 2021.
Combine lemongrass, pandan leaves and makrut lime leaves in a pot along with equal parts water and sugar. Bring to boil and simmer for 15 minutes on low heat. Once cool, let sit for 12-24 hours, and strain. Keeps refrigerated for 3-4 weeks.
- More Cocktails